L'Envol des Pionniers6 Rue Jacqueline Auriol, 31400 Toulouse
L’Envol des Pionniers is taking part in European Heritage Days. Discover this legendary site, the cradle of the Aéropostale, with original events.
EUROPEAN HERITAGE DAYS
21 and 22 September 2019
L’Envol des Pionniers: a legendary heritage
Dedicated to the early days of aviation, to the establishment of the Latécoère Company, then the Aéropostale, up to the birth of Air France, L’Envol des Pionniers is located at Toulouse-Montaudran, on the historic site from where the first planes took off, carrying mail for Africa and South America.
This legendary site, the cradle of the impossible project of the pioneers of La Ligne, brings to life the human adventure which contributed to the birth of civil aviation, making Toulouse the world aviation capital.
An original programme for European Heritage Days
• Meet the presenters of L’Envol des Pionniers representing the major figures of this fabulous epic: canvas workers, pilots, mechanics, managers, etc.
• Take away a souvenir photo thanks to the costumed characters of Historia Tempori association who will be strolling about the site for the two days.
• With Culture en Mouvements, write your own letters, imagine your story and create a unique link with other visitors to the site.
• • Listen in and discover the adventure of the Aéropostale through the words of those who lived it by attending theatrical readings by Damien Jayat. He will bring to life the great texts of Jean Mermoz, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry and Joseph Kessel.
NB! For the Toulouse/Saint-Louis of Senegal Air Rally, there will be a live broadcast from the National Library of the Kingdom of Morocco in Rabat, where the exhibition “Ligne Latécoère Aéropostale, une épopée marocaine 1919-2019” will be inaugurated along with passage of the Rally. Come ask your questions to the pilots and other participants in this event!
Animations translated into French sign language (LSF) from 14h to 16h Saturday and Sunday.
For more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday 21 September from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sunday 22 September from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Free Entry.